One Michigan Alliance Mission
One Michigan Alliance is dedicated to building a progressive movement ready and able to win.
Who We Are: We’re Political. We’re Local. We’re Strategic.
• We are a new action-oriented political organization of experienced activists and community leaders dedicated to engaging people in the political process.
• Our goal is to work with you to impact policy and help progressive candidates win elections.
• We have organized winning campaigns before and will help you find ways to translate your drive to take direct action in strategic and effective ways.
• We will focus on doing political work where we can have the biggest impact: right here in West Michigan.
• We will train volunteers, recruit and help candidates, and hold elected officials accountable.
• We will mobilize Michiganders to build better region, state, and country.
An update from MIRS News on the Democratic field for two seats on the Michigan Supreme Court up for election on the November 6 ballot: The race is beginning to take shape as we move toward the April 15 MDP Endorsement Convention that will pick two candidates to be formally nominated in August.
There are four potential candidates have expressed interest in the positions currently held by a pair of Gov. Rick Snyder appointees -- Justices Kurtis Wilder and Beth Clement, both of whom are expected to be re-nominated by the Michigan Republican Party in August.
Sam Bagenstos: A civil rights attorney who currently teaches at the University of Michigan. From 2009 to 2011, he was a political appointee under President Barack Obama in the U.S. Department of Justice, where he served as the principal deputy assistant attorney general for civil rights.
Megan Cavanagh: An attorney in private practice at Garan Lucow Miller in Detroit.
Judge Amy Ronayne Krause: A Michigan Court of Appeals judge who was first appointed to the appellate bench in 2010 by then-Gov. Jennifer Granholm. Previously, she served as a judge of the 54-A District Court in Lansing and as assistant attorney general under former Attorney General Frank Kelley.
Eli Savid: A senior adviser and counselor to Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan, who also teaches classes at the University of Michigan. Savit has been a clerk under former U.S. Justice Sandra Day O'Connor and U.S. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
See all posts